Paperclip Jungle

A collection of office rants...a glimpse at the adventures within my Land of Cubicles.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Is This a True Story - FINAL UPDATE (I hope)

She did show up to work on Monday.

Her story? This time she was in the hospital. According to the story, she was admitted on Thursday night and wasn't released until Sunday night. She didn't say what she was in for...which is surprising considering the amount of drama, suspense, and detail infused into her other tales.

And I would've liked to have taken the route that Ms. Pink Slip suggested and simply get rid of this problem once and for all. But the HR department wouldn't let me.

Instead, I issued a "final warning." One more No Call No Show (ever) and she's out. Anymore unexcused absences otherwise - for any reason in the next 30 days - may result in termination. Ability to request time off is limited. Arrangements to make up time missed must be made for any time off.

I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger MsPinkSlip said...

Damn HR! I am sure whe will screw up soon enough and then you can get rid of her.

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does she still work there? Has anything changed since this post?

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is she still hanging on at your company?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Traffic Counters
Personal Ads